Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd values the relationship it has with clients and as such has an obligation to protect client’s privacy and to comply with the National Privacy Principles Privacy Act. This includes the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 that came into effect on 21 December 2001, requiring Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd to handle a client’s details responsibly. This responsibility regulates the accurate and appropriate collection, holding, use, alteration, disclosure and transfer of personal information by organizations in the private sector. Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd has always used due diligence and care when handling such information and will continue to do so. The purpose of this document is to provide information and an understanding of how Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd collects, uses, discloses and protects this personal information.
Collection & Use of Personal Information
Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd receives and stores transaction information, information you have provided to us in mailing list, email list, applications, registration or administration processes. Wherever it is lawful and practicable, Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd may provide the option of not identifying yourself or not providing personal information. The primary purpose in collecting information from you is to enable Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd to fulfil our service commitments to you in providing educational courses, products and to improve these services and product to fulfil the needs of clients. Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd may use the information you provide to help improve the services we deliver, measure consumer interest in Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd’s services, inform you of other Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd products and services or to comply with requirements under the law. This information may include names; date of birth; current address; telephone, fax, mobile numbers; work phone number; email addresses; web-site address; occupation; employer, employers address; private health fund membership; case history; educational qualifications; name of institutions where graduated; details of professional indemnity insurance and professional memberships. When collecting this information, Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd will do so only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. For the purposes of the Privacy Act, this information stored on the Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd data base and files will only be collected with consent or as authorized by the National Privacy Principles.
Your personal information may be used to:
• Administer and manage your purchases, membership, courses and licenses by Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd including charging and billing and the collection of debts
• Verify you as a client / customer, licensee or member of Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd
• Respond to specific requests for client / customer, licensee or member information
• Provide you with special offers you may find of interest
• Provide you with information on new products or services
• Gain an understanding of needs so that Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd can provide improved services
• Address information technology requirements, systems maintenance and development issues
• Keep you informed about matters related to Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd activities through correspondence, emails, facsimiles, newsletters, information manuals, brochures, endorsed products, courses, seminars, programs and events.
Disclosure & Access of Personal Information
Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd will not disclose personal information to a third party unless it is:
• Necessary to provide the services outlined above or information you requested
• To meet the disclosed purpose for which it was intended
• To the extent necessary to carry out the improvement of services provided
• Requested by law
• Consented to by the individual providing the personal information
These persons or organizations carry out our:
• Database management
• Mailing systems
• Printing activities
• Billing and debt recovery
• Information and technology functions
Accuracy, Storage & Security of Personal Information
Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and current. The accuracy of this information depends to a large extent on the information individuals provide and therefore can assist Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd in meeting this criterion by notifying us of changes to your personal details. Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information provided by individuals from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd imposes rules on its employees who have access the databases that store your information or to the servers that host our services and while we cannot guarantee that any unauthorized access, disclosure, loss, misuse or alteration to your data will not occur, we will take reasonable steps to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Trans-border Data Flows
Where for the purposes of fulfilling our commitments to you, we disclose personal information to persons involved in administering the services, our related entities or business partners, and such permitted persons are in a foreign country, Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd will not, without your consent, transfer personal information to such persons unless:
• We reasonably believe that the permitted persons are subject to a law, binding scheme or contract or we have taken reasonable steps to ensure that they are subject to a contract which effectively upholds principles for the fair handling of personal information that are substantially similar to the National Principles For the Fair Handling of Personal Information embodied in the Privacy amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000; or
• The transfer is necessary for the performance of services requested by you or for the purpose of fulfilling our business commitments to you; or
• The transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in your interest, between Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd and a third party; or
• All of the following apply: the transfer is for your benefit and it is impracticable to obtain your consent to the transfer and if it were practicable you would be likely to consent to the transfer.
Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd is committed to providing a fair and responsive system for handling and resolving complaints.
If at any time you wish to lodge a complaint in respect of the use, handling or disclosure of your personal information by Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd you may notify us by post to the Privacy Officer, Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd, 15 Eveleigh Ave, Blackheath, NSW 2785. Australia.
We will endeavour to investigate and advise you of the outcome within 21 days of receipt of such complaint.
Individuals wishing to access their personal information or make a complaint about a possible breach by Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd or this Privacy Statement or the Act can contact:
The Privacy Officer, Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd, 15 Eveleigh Ave, Blackheath, NSW. 2785. Australia.
Phone: +612 0418 634 716 Office: +612 4734 9010
Should an individual feel that their complaint has not been properly managed or adequately resolved by Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd, they can direct their complaint to:
The Privacy Commissioner, GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 1042
Phone: (+612) 1300 363 992 Fax: (+612) 1800 620 241 Email: email@example.com
Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd will use all reasonable endeavours to protect and keep confidential any personally identifiable information in its possession. If any confidential or personally identifiable information is accessed by a third party, whether by negligence or otherwise of Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd, its agents, suppliers, contractors, volunteers, related bodies, affiliates or associated parties, to the extent permitted by law, Quantum Evolution Pty Ltd is not liable for loss, damage, costs, liability or other form of contribution.
Further information may be obtained on privacy issues in Australia by visiting the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au
Date last revised 14/07/06.